2018/01/31

SDC291 - Hearts!

SDC291 hearts

It's Wednesday and time for a new challenge over at Stampotique Designer's Challenge blog. February is around the corner and we would like to inspire your Valentine's Day Crafts with this fortnight's theme of HEARTS. I took a little departure from my usual makes which are usually non 3D and inspired by Finnabair's mixed media products and YT channel I made these decorative heart hangers. It's the first time I actually used 3D metal embellishments in this way and I definitely did enjoy the process (though it did take quite some time to make!)

SDC291 hearts
A friend of mine sent me these wooden heart hangers for Christmas, for in the tree, but we never have a tree then, so I decided to repaint them for this challenge. I sanded and gessoed the wooden hearts to start off. Then I created the grooves in the heart by scraping some flexible modeling paste over it and then stamp the texture from the texture cube in them and let it dry thoroughly. Then painted it with Liquitex Paints in deep red colors as a base coat. For the top coat I used Finnabair Metallique red which gives it a nice shine and shimmer. I dry brushed matte black paint over the raised parts to show the texture more and highlighted them with Finnabair Dragon's Eye which is a high golden spark acrylic paint which you only need a little bit of to create some amazing highlights. When that was off to dry I picked out some embellishments and colored some vintage lace with Lindy's Sprays and ripped them to add to the texture.

SDC291 hearts
While I was gluing everything down with 3D gel from Finnabair, which holds strong when dried but is flexible when wet, I added some glitter elements over a few glued aria's for some extra interest.

SDC291 hearts

All these metal embellishments I received from a friend in a swap and I recently found them in a box I kept all these interesting brads and findings in. It felt good to actually use them in this project! Now I wonder if I can find those mini Dragonfly brads for sale somewhere as they are so gorgeous!

SDC291 hearts
These heart hangers are now ready to be hung on the wall as art!

Items used: 
Stampotique stamps: Kate's Texture cube (in the modeling paste over the heart) and When your heart speaks quote stamp Finnabair mixed media: Metallique red,  Sparks Dragon's Eye, 3D Matte gel Liquitex: White Gesso, flexible molding paste, primary red, muted pink, matte black paints; Lindy's sprays, vintage lace, 3d metal embellishments, hemp twine and wooden beads

Hope this inspires you to get your valentines day crafts on and make projects with hearts in them. Please read the rules on the blog HERE and you'll find the linky page to link your project to. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. These hearts are amazing - you are such an inspiration Cheetarah!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.