2017/09/20

Back to work, but first... coffee!

Woke up really early today... need some fuel! Artwork by Nikki Smits. _______ #lattecat #butfirstcoffee #coffeelovers #coffeismyfriend #coffee #stickerlove #stickers #wakeupandsmellthecoffee
Stickers illustrated by Nikki Smits
It's been a little quiet on my blog, as you might have noticed. That is because I took a much needed break from the virtual world and was on vacation in beautiful Sweden to visit my in-laws. I could have left some scheduled posts, but decided not to because I didn't want to worry about it... and it felt sooooo good not to worry about it :) I would highly recommend that to everyone, just to take a (little) online break. So I am getting back into the groove of things, taking it slow and steady with stuff to share on the blog. And I'm starting off by telling you a little about my time away.

Sweden 2017
This was my view and we walked in the forest almost daily... and I didn't want to leave it! See HERE for more pictures. Leaving was hard but it was good to come home to my Meesha cat, as she really missed us (and we her!)

While I was away, I did make some things with a huge stash of postage stamps found in a thrift store.
Things to do while on vacay with a limited stash of supplies. Made this journal for my MIL. ________ #postagestamps #upcycle #postage #postzegels #stamps #recycle #upcycle #crafts #craftygirl #craftideas #diary #journal #DIY #makeyourown #snailmailideas #
Made this journal for my MIL with French postage stamps.

back of the journal
The back has different portraits on it. 
My in laws have the most loveliest wooden desk, but I forgot to photograph it in its entirety. It was great to have a desk to work at while away. 

TN notebook insert
This is a small Muji notebook and made for the neighbor there. It's the size of a traveler's notebook.

The postage stamp art is inspired by my good friend Sue of TangleCrafts. She sells her gorgeous collage works HERE. BONUS her books are also fountain pen ink friendly :)

Seasonal colors and Scandinavian scenery. _______ #autumncolors #fallishere #fallinspiration #fall #autumn #leafs #autumnleaf #scandanavia #sweden #autumnbreak #auburn #autumnoak #forestbreak #woodland #swedishwoods #changeofseason
Fall came to greet us while we are there and in two more days, fall will arrive here too... according to the calendar. Cozy jumpers, scarves and beautiful autumn colored (falling) leaves... I feel like I am ready for it!

Sharing this over at Julia, for WOYWW this week - hope you all are doing well and are looking forward to embrace fall as well :) 

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

  1. What fabulous use on your stash of postage stamps.... I bought some British stamps in fabric form to make little books... I don't mean to sound morbid... But the queen is in her 90's and England will not a have a Queen again for a long time after she goes... it will be Kings so your Queen head stamps is well worth holding on to not for any value but for showing children in the future... the reason for me buying the fabric my little Granddaughter is a baby so in the future I can show her how the stamps were then... Our stamps in the UK has no country printed on them just the Queens head.... the forest looks so peaceful... Have a happy week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. What a lot of fun you had with those stamps. Great gifts. Those autumn coloured leaves are beautiful. It's a season I love.
    take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you've done with those stamps. Over the years I seem to have collected lots of them but still can't decide what to do with them, we shall have to see. The colours on those leaves are gorgeous. I love this time of the year too when the sun comes out the colours are really lovely. Thanks for the visit to mine and have a great crafty woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of postage stamps. I love autumn colours too; those leaves are amazing. We're not quite there yet, but I look forward to it. Sarah #18

    ReplyDelete
  5. The forest looks beautiful, and I am with you re autumn, it's my favourite season for sure. Glad you had a wonderful break.. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im so glad you had a lovely break, and welcome back to your more relaxed cyber life! The notebook covers are an amazing idea, and look incredible. Thanks for the link too, what incredible art !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cheetarah, what a wonderful break. Some glorious scenery. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #2 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cheetarah, what a lovely way to use the stamps. I'll keep my eye out for stamps in the future! Have a lovely week Heather #32

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to have a break in such a beautiful place! I've never been to Sweden but it does look gorgeous. That journal is amazing, the stamps make it look really fab - what a clever idea!
    Hugs, LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas with the postage stamps. There is something absolutely beautiful about fall and forests and trees. I can see why you would want to stay.
    sandra de @6

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I'm so late... but here I am to take a peek at your desk, or better, the desk in Sweden... wow, those trees look tallll! And those leaves have the most beautiful colour. And I have a stack of old postal stamps too, it´s fun to use them isn´t it. YOur journals look beautiful. Hug from Holland, Marit #20

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.