2017/02/08

WIP: Love is all around

valentine gelliprints

This weekend I have played with my gelli plate and new liquitex muted paint supplies together with a fun heart/flower shaped stencil. This simple and elegant heart/flower shaped stencil design is made by Lotta Jansdotter. I have printed on 6x6 inch scrapbook paper and some book pages. The white hearts are done with modeling paste and then stamped in with a rubber stamp with words about love. Stamping in modeling paste is so fun to do!

valentine mixed media
The heart theme is obvious for this season. Usually I don't really do valentine related cards/layouts but this year I really felt like it :) I took one of the prints and worked on it more for my pocket art journal.

valentine mixed media

I finally got a few Stabilo marks All water color pencils and gave the hearts more shading and dimension. A definite must have for mixed media artists!

mixed media valentine
Before I adhered the page in my journal I scanned it and wrote an inspiring message about love on it. I'm still dabbing in creating digital altered work based on scans but I definitely like the idea.

I'm entering this digitally altered piece in the Stamplorations Mixed Media Stencil Sunday challenge


The journal spread I've made from the gelli print will be posted later this week. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


3 comments:

  1. love those pretty hearts - thanks for sharing your project at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hot colours of the background!
    And yes those are Amsterdam houses...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work! I love it! Thank you for joining us over at the STAMPlorations blog. Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.