2016/11/04

Mini Art Journal: No More Questioning

It's Sunday and raining and feel a bit "meh" but working in my art journal. But I'm a bit stuck with this page. Is it done? Does it need a quote? I just don't know... what do you think? #artistsofinstagram #artjournal #katzelkraft #brusho #derwent #artist
A while back I made the above page in my mini art journal with some gorgeous stamps from Katzelkraft and I thought it was done like this. The empty space of the background, which is made with Brusho crystals and dylusions sprays, would leave room for suggestion. But after staring at the page for a while and having made this spread on the next pages (excess baggage) it inspired me to get my letter stamps set from Eline's Hand lettering line out again and stamp in a quote that felt right.

Mini art Journal: No more questioning
When I am in my art room creating stuff, I love to listen to music while doing so. And Katy Perry's tunes are among my fave to listen to (this Peacock mailart piece was also inspired by her music) and the lyrics from the song "Love Me" inspired me to add the following quote to the page.  

Mini art Journal: No more questioning
"There is no more questioning, I'll be the one defining who I'm going to be" 

Sometimes it's hard, to pave your own path, with opinions and comparisons clouding your view of yourself. It's good to remind yourself that it's OK to be you. Wherever you are, on whatever path you are on, you're in charge of your own life. And it's OK to just BE YOU and not what everyone else expects you to be or think you should be. I feel like I have grown and learned so much about myself over the past year and a half. It still fills me with so much gratitude thinking about the moment I've decided to just stop and BE ME. So I hope this weekend you will take a moment, to stop, breathe and appreciate who you are. Embrace yourself with all your complexities and troubles and tell yourself, it's OK, you're you and it's all OK. Like Dr. Seuss said "Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!" ... Hmm, that's a good quote for another spread I think :) 

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

namasté

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.