2016/10/08

Roses are red, violets are blue...

Happy Birthday card
A little while ago I received an newsletter from a web shop I frequently get stamps from Leuke Stempels notifying that they are having their 3rd anniversary this October! For this happy occasion they are asking people to make them a birthday card with stamps and materials they promarily sell. Since I had some time this afternoon, I have made a the above card for them. They are also giving away a 30€ shop credit for the most liked card on their facebook page. How awesome is that? Scroll down on the post HERE to see all the cards submitted so far and like the card you like best (if that is mine I'd be humbled and thankful!) You can also submit your own card until october 12th (this wednesday) to join in the fun :) Now let me show you how I made the above card.

Happy Birthday card
The base of the card is Neenah Classic Crest and I used this rose stamp from Carabelle as focal point It's stamped 3 times (it being their 3rd anniversary) and I colored them in with Zig Clean Color Brush Marker Light Carmine and Tombow Dual Brush Carmine and blended them together with a water brush. I drew the stems out longer with a steadtler micron pen and colored them in with tombows in green hues. I love how the Zig and Tombow markers blend well together!

Happy Birthday card
I masked the roses and used various blue distress ink pads and a blending tool to give the background a nice sky blue background. Then stamped the spatter stamp from Carabelle on the background with staz on cherry pink.

Happy Birthday card

Then I took out my white distress crayon and blended the aria around the roses a bit so they would pop out from the back ground. I decided the spatters were too subtle for the background and got a different Carabelle stamp and masked the roses again.

Happy Birthday card
The messy doodle circle stamps looked a lot more fun on the background. I stamped this also with Staz On Cherry pink. I also spattered some liquitex liquid gold, white and black inks while the roses were still masked.

Happy Birthday card
Then I cut the roses piece to size and outlined the edges with my faber castell pitt marker. I chose to mat the card on lavender and purple card stock, the colors in Leuke Stempels' logo. I glued everything together with a tape runner.

Happy Birthday card

On a separate piece of paper I stamped the "happy birthday" banner and adhered it to the card. And the color combo of the card reminded me of that rhyme, you know the one! Here is one dedicated to you Leuke Stempels:
Roses are red
Violets are blue
it's your 3rd anniversary
Happy Birthday to you :)

Have a great weekend you all and thanks for stopping by!

namasté

1 comment:

  1. Wat een supermooie kaart! Deze gaat zeker hoge ogen gooien in de wedstrijd! Fijn weekend verder!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.