2016/07/12

Craftorij Summer Challenge week 5

Still going strong with the CZC/index card a day challenge! It's half way through and I'm really enjoying this year's prompts a lot :)

CZC29
CZC 29 - Use an ambigram (word you can also read upside down) or palindrome (word which reads the same backward and forward)
I chose to depict the palindrome "madame" for this one. Made it with a large Gibson Women background stamp from Lost Coast Designs. The flourishes, flower and font stamps are from Technique Tuesday "Start me up Broadway" font set. I used distress and memento inks in various purple tones and a round blending tool.

CZC30
CZC 30 - paint with your fingers

Used paint (yes with my fingers!) on a book page and combined stamps from carabelle The bookpage have  the words "de regen"on them and made that the focus for this piece. "Van de regen in de drup" is a Dutch saying means the same as the English saying "Out of the frying pan, into the fire". Funny how one langues uses the water analogy and the other a fire one for the same meaning!

CZC31
CZC 31 - use water drops
I made the previous card (30) with water drops without knowing the theme for this day's challenge! But this is a good excuse to use Designs by Rynn waterdrops in combination with eye stamps from Hampton arts. The moth and nose is also from Hampton but has a border around it which I didn't ink. The back ground is made with Tombow markers and the blending tool mister. I also added some glaze accents on the drops. The eyes and moth is also colored with tombows.
CZC 32

CZC 32 is Lyrics themed and I used the Star Man collage  from Mailart Monday of last week for. But I also made another card because I got inspired by the Cherry Blossom stamp set I recently got. Colored (including the back ground) with Tombow markers. Lyrics are from the song Cherry Blossom by Paolo Nutini.
CZC 33
CZC 33 - emoticons
Well I am really not a fan of those standard round emoticons (as many whom are partaking in this challenge with me) but I thought I would use the word 'emote' as vocal point for this theme. This background stamp with faces from Stampotique surely does emote a numb state of being. The dude with the Bowtie is also from that line of stamps. I used memento ans staz-on ink pads. Everything is colored with Letraset Promarkers. (yeah it could also be considered for the Lyrics assignment as it's a U2 song :)

CZC34

CZC 34 - use everything except black
Seeing I love color, this one was not a hard challenge for me. This was a really FUN challenge :) I sprayed a white glassine gift bag with 4 colors of dylusions ink and that was my base. Cut and pasted it to the index card and stamped the moth from paper Artsy Hot Picks on it. Colored the woman from Viva Las VegaStamps on sticker paper and combined Eline's handlettering stamps with Carabelle daily stamps. A reminder to myself to be courageous every single day.

And with this I am concluding this weeks' CZC update.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful (courageous) day!

Namasté

1 comment:

  1. Zo leuk om weer totaal andere uitwerkingen van de uitdagingen te zien! Dit word een heel mooie verzameling! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.