2016/05/09

Mailart Monday - Film Noir

The theme for our monthly ATC swap at Inkadinkadutchies was black and white this month. As you know, I really love color so it was quite a challenge for me. But I had an idea and have the perfect stamps from Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda to execute this. I made a series of 2 ATC's and a note card called "Film Noir"

Mail Art 034-2016
The first ATC I made on photo paper. I stamped Hitchcock with staz-on black, masked it, stamped the birds and film strip with versamark and embossed it with WOW white embossing powder. Then I used black pear luster to give some shadow and definition. Rounded off the corners with a corner punch and that's it.

Mail Art 035-2016
For the second ATC I used black paper and staz-on opaque and Brilliance white to stamp the stamps on. I embossed a few accents on Hitchcock with the white embossing powder and used white pearl luster for accents on the back ground. Then also rounded off the corners with the punch.

Mail Art 036-2016
I made a card to accompany the set. Using black background and stamped the film border with versamark and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I stamped the birds stamp over it with versamark and embossed it with white powder.  The Hitchcock  I stamped on a separate piece of paper with memento black and cut out and adhered on top. Matted the piece on white glossy card stock and cut the edges with a figure scissor. The white specs in the background are from embossing powder that clung to the paper and got embossed too. I think it gives it a nice distressed effect :)

Quite pleased how these all turned out! With just a few stamps you can make such different things and you don't even need color! It was definitely a fun challenge for me. 

The stamps I used are Lost Coast Designs Filmstrip Border, Carmen's Veranda Flying Birds background and Carmen's Veranda Standing Alfred Hitchcock.

Our next ATC swap at Inkadinkadutchies is "put a word on it" and you can sign up by joining the swap on the events page. You can use any stamps from Lost Coast Designs and/or Carmen's Veranda in your project (a minimal of one). If you live in the EU you can order them through Inkadinkadutchies webshop, if there are stamps not on the site they can be special ordered for you. Just use their contact form
Hope you'll join us at the next swap :)
Thanks for stopping by!
namasté  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.