2016/05/19

Kennis is verlichting - Knowledge is enlightenment

Sometimes you have this idea in your head and won't rest until you got it out of your system. Tonight I was inspired to make another entry for De Stempel Winkel's Challenge that ends tomorrow, Challenge 8 sunshine yellow.

kennis is verlichting

I used Diamine Sunshine yellow mixed with gold perfect pearl  powders on maruman watercolor paper. Embossed it with Tim Holtz Grunge rays with my cuttle bug. Then added more water to the embossed rays by using a water brush. The Edgar Allen Poe stamp and Light bulb brain stamp are from the stempel winkel. I stamped EAP on white sticker paper, colored in with promarkers, cut out & adhered to the piece. Then I stamped the light bulb on vintage typewritten text paper, colored it with tombows,  stuck it on a sturdy background, cut outand adhered on the piece with 3d foam stickers. The light bulb piece had "kennis" written on it, which means knowledge in English. Hence the title, which is fitting I think :)

Some detail shots :
Kennis is verlichting

Kennis is verlichting

Kennis is verlichting

The light doesn't show the shimmer, but it glitters quite nicely in daylight.

Will take a better picture when i can but for now, I'm glad I got this out of my head and on to paper :)

I'm also entering this for the Craft Stamper's 'Anything Goes' May Challenge 

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

namasté

6 comments:

  1. Kennis is verlichting... heel mooi vorm gegeven! Glitter laat zich vaker moeilijk vastleggen, maar de combinatie van stempels en de achtergrond vind ik op zich al uitstekend!
    Dank je wel dat je meedoet aan de challenge bij De Stempelwinkel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel Jetske! Glitter is idd erg moeilijk te fotograferen, jammer genoeg. Maar ben blij dat je het mooi vindt :) deze gloeilamp is echt één van mijn favo stempels van je winkel :)

      Delete
  2. Knowledge is a wonderful thing.... as is anything POE! I am glad you managed to get the idea from your head onto paper. Its wonderful!
    Thank you for joining us again this fortnight.... I hope you'll enter our new challenge that'll be announced later today. BDx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm very glad I managed got this idea out of my head too, as I slept wonderfully afterwards, haha :) Hopefully I can make something for this fortnight's challenge as awell :)

      Delete
  3. Heel herkenbaar: zoals er soms echt iets uit en op papier moet!
    En een heel mooi idee! Gaaf die combi van de zon en de man! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dank je wel Gerrina :) soms moet het echt even er uit ;) groetjes!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.