2016/04/11

Mailart Monday - the cat is out of the bag

Mail Art 020-2016
A cat themed mail art postcard for this week's mailart monday. This was sent to my partner at Swapbot for the 'put a Cat on it' swap at Handmade Postcards Club. The background is a craft paper bag cut out and I stamped on it with acrylic paints and a piece of bubble wrap. Then I stamped a moth stamp by Paper Artsy hotpicks on it a few times with Staz-on Teal. The cat stamp is from Lost Coast Designs and I stamped it on a separate piece of paper. It has a bird on its head it but I cut that away. I colored it in by using fountain pen inks, I used pelikan brown and Pilot Iroshisuku Ina-Ho for the lighter parts of the cat face. Sailor Apricot for the eyes and a bit of Pilot red (diluted) for the nose. I adhered the image to the background and then drew some more whiskers on her with a fineliner (steadtler micron pens). Also added some shading around the ears. The fish above the cat head is also from Lost Coast Designs. It's a snail mail stamp "sealed with a FISH" but I obviously only used the fish part. The letter stamps are from Hema, which I colored with a turquoise sharpie. I found small a herringbone stamp which I didn't know I have (no idea which company, sorry!) and that just completed the image.

These LCD stamps you can also order through Inkadinkadutchies if you are in the EU. Just use their contact page is it's not listed on the website.
See more great postcards sent from the group members at this flickr photo page. Some awesome mail art is being displayed there!

And I leave you with a cute picture of Meesha, the cat in the bag ;)
Playing hide and seek #meeshathecat #meesha #cutenessoverload #catsofinstagram #catshatemondays #thecatisoutofthebag #thecatisinthebag #hideandseek #kitty #cats

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great week!
namasté

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.