2015/10/18

Mailart Sunday: Swap Bot 10th year anniversary swap

My mail art piece for the 10 year swap bot anniversary swap. Pollock-inking it up with some blues and oranges.

In one of my previous posts I talked about the 10 year anniversary Swap that was being hosted at Swap bot. And I wanted to share with you what I sent to my partner for this swap. I ended up using different kinds of fountain pen ink in the SB color scheme (blues and oranges) and just random dripping it on water color postcard paper. There is a bit of shimmer on there too, courtesy of Emerald of Chivor ink (and if you are interested in having a laugh, see this and this picture on my instagram on how I was totally frazzled and could not identify this ink due to a missing label ;) Other inks on the postcard are sheaffer pacock blue, diamine blue lightning, diamine autumn oak, sailor jentle apricot and a bit of mont blanc oyster grey.  I used inks from my ink sample vials and in some aria's you can see the imprint it left. After the 'dripping' I sprayed water all over it with a mini mister, then dried it with my heat gun. Used my fave typography stamps for the 'Ten years of happy mail!' sentiment with Staz On ink and colored the letters with Sailor Jentle Apricot, which I have inked my Twsbi Amber 540 with. 
It was fun doing this Pollock - Inking postcard as I like to call it and definitely doing more of those :)

Thanks for stopping by!
namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.