2015/07/17

An hommage to Lily Chilvers from the Octopode Factory

This past monday sad news was announced; Lily Chilvers, the talented girl behind the Octopode Factory, passed away from a battle with cancer. She was so young and life can be so unfair. My deepest sympathies goes out to the family, Mandy and Amber. The world lost a wonderful talent person. We share this great loss with you.

When I heard the news of Lily's condition about 6 weeks ago I made the art pieces below using her rose flower rubberstamp.

Flowers for Lily

The world lost a talented and inspirational young woman. I made this piece when I heard the news on her battle with cancer... Sending my heartfelt condolances to @mandysmagicalworld and thanking @octopode_monster for brightening the world with her imagina

Like so many others I was hoping/praying for her to battle this through... That's why I put hope in the middle of the rose. And now I hope she can rest in peace as she is no longer in pain. Thank you Lily for giving us a peek into your imagination. I cherish all the work you've done and it inspired me like so many others to adapt your creations into my own work. Sharing things I made with few of my fave images she created:

mail art 365-332
Dorothy and the flower rubber stamp

Society Queen
Audrey Hepburn digi Stamp

nautical exploration
Steampunk Girl stamp

I'm MAD about you!
Mad hatter and Alice stamp

mail boxes
and these themed Oz and Alice mailboxes I still use every day

Thank you for your inspiration Lily. 
You will be missed and always be cherished.


namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.